So your employee has fallen in love with the Netherlands, just like we have? That’s great! But what now?
When your highly skilled migrant wishes to live in the Netherlands indefinitely, it is possible to legalize their stay. A permanent residence permit can be applied for after a minimum stay of five years in the Netherlands. When a permanent residence permit is applied for, this can be done with or without the status of long-term resident EC. There are several conditions to be eligible for this. An initial check can be done based on the following points.
With long term resident
He/she has the nationality of an EU/EEA country or Switzerland. Or a family member of an EU/EEA citizen or a Swiss citizen;
- He/she has been living in the Netherlands for 5 years or more with a valid residence permit
- He/she or the sponsor (family member) has sufficient and sustainable income
- He/she is registered in the Municipal Personal Records Database (BRP)
- He/she has a valid passport
The following persons are considered family members of yours
- Spouse or (registered) partner
- Ascending family member: parent, in-laws, grandparent
- Family member in the descending line: child, grandchild, great-grandchild
Without long term resident
- He/she has been living in the Netherlands for 5 years with a valid non-temporary residence permit
- He/she is registered in the Municipal Basic Administration of Persons (BRP)
- He/she has sufficient and sustainable income
- He/she passed the integration exam(if exemption is not applicable)
This sounds like a complex procedure. Don’t worry, Global Relocation Compass can handle the applications for indefinite stay in the Netherlands.
You can reach us via: info@globalRcompass.nl or 00316 823 80 801.