Personal & Reliable

Living with EU/EER Swiss national partner

As a Non-EU nationality, you wish to live with your partner who is an EU/EER/Swiss national (not Dutch) in the Netherlands. The special procedure “Verification against the EU law” may be applicable. With this type of the residence permit, you are allowed to stay in the Netherlands as a family member with the same rights as your partner who is an EU national.

If your nationality requires a Schengen-Visa to enter the Netherlands, then prior to moving to the Netherlands you will need to apply for the “facilitation Visa” (Type C) with the Dutch Embassy in the country of the residency. During this application procedure, the intention to live in the Netherlands with the EU family member needs to be clear. The Embassy will request legalized birth and/or marriage certificates as proof.

Living with the Dutch Partner

As a Non-EU nationality, you wish to live with your Dutch partner in the Netherlands. However, the application can be filed if you are married or into a registered or unmarried in a long-term and exclusive relationship. If your partner has the age of 21 years or older with an independent sufficient and sustainable income and is willing to declare that he or she is your sponsor than the application for a permit is feasible.

if the below mentioned conditions are also met by you.

  1. 21 years of age or older;
  2. going to live together in the Netherlands;
  3. in possession of a passed civic integration examination abroad or you are exempted from taking this examination.

The Non-EU residence permit for a newborn in NL

When a child is born in the Netherlands and holds a non-EU nationality, a residence permit needs to be applied for. To be able to take the necessary steps for the newborn, you must have lived in the Netherlands (primary residence) since your child’s birth and, hold a valid residence permit since or became a Dutch citizen after the birth of the newborn. Once that part is covered than a newborn need a.

  1. Valid passport;
  2. Birth certificate;
  3. Born in the Netherlands, (no residence permit yet)

And stating the obvious however yet need the mention, born in the Netherlands, (no residence permit yet), is living with you as part of your family and residing in the Netherlands since birth. A as soon the newborn receives a passport, you can apply for the residence permit for the newborn.

We feel the above can take away the joy of the moment. Global Relocation Compass wants to help you savor the moment, so let us take this out of your hands…