Personal & Reliable

A change in the situation can lead to a different residence goal/permit

A change in the situation can be quite challenging, especially when the purpose of stay no longer meets the conditions of the current residence permit. In that case, a different type of residence permit must be applied for.

Since the employee is already residing in the Netherlands, a provisional residence permit (MVV) is not required, and the application can be submitted directly to the IND in the Netherlands. There is an advantage to staying in the Netherlands based on the previous permit.

There are numerous possible situations. The examples below can give an idea of the changes that the employee may face in the future. Personal situations are the basis for our advice on which immigration route to follow.

For example, change of purpose can be desirable and/or required if

  • He/she has graduated from university or HBO and want to stay in the Netherlands to find a job and be eligible for a residence permit for orientation year highly educated people
  • He/she has graduated, found a job and now qualify as a highly skilled migrant
  • He/she has an Intra Corporate Transfer (ICT) residence permit, but continue to work on a (Dutch) local employment contract and qualify as a highly skilled migrant;
  • He/she has a residence permit as a dependent but found job and qualify as a highly skilled migrant and would like an independent permit.


Global Relocation Compass takes care of the changes to a residence permit at the IND. We handle the entire process for you.
Call or email us for details: +31 6 823 80 801 or of