Is the residence permit is stolen, lost, damaged or has incorrect information on it? What should you  do next?

Incorrect data
If the (personal) data listed is incorrect on the residence permit, the municipality must be contacted. The municipality checks the processed personal data in the BRP or so-called “Basisregistratie Personen”. If these are incorrect, they will be adjusted first. Then the Immigration and Naturalization Service (IND) can be contacted for a replacement residence permit.

Damaged residence permit
An application for replacement is submitted to the IND with a copy of the damaged residence permit (front and back). This is only necessary if the current residence permit is so damaged that it no longer can be used as proof of identity.

Residence permit lost or stolen
As soon as a residence card is stolen or lost, it must be reported to the police. An application for replacement can then be submitted to the IND with a copy of the certified official police report.
In case the residence permit is found again, it must be handed in to the IND.

Do you need help submitting an IND replacement application? Contact us and we will take the entire process off your hands: or 0031 6 823 80 801.