Are you considering transferring an employee within your organization, from outside Europe to the Netherlands? If so, the intra- corporate transferee (or ICT) is the correct IND residence permit.
A few years ago, this regulation was created especially for executives, specialists and trainees who are going to work at a Dutch entity.
The ICT residence permit for executives and specialists is valid for a maximum of 3 years. Trainees may be transferred to a Dutch entity for a maximum of 1 year. The maximum validity period includes any transfers between European Union countries.
To qualify for the intra- corporate transferee residence permit, several conditions must be met. Here are a few examples:
– The employee lives and works outside the European Union
– He/she has been working for the company outside the EU for at least 3 months
– The salary is in line with the market
– The working conditions comply with Dutch law
– The expat has not been previously transferred to the Netherlands in the 6 months prior to the ICT application
– The company has not been fined within the 5 years prior to the application.
The IND may take 3 months to decide on the intra- corporate transferee application. Their target deadline is to have a recommendation issued within a few weeks; however, this is not a guarantee.
Would you like more information about this ICT residence permit? Feel free to contact us: info@globalRcompass.nl or 0031 6 823 80 801. We can take care of the complete applications for you.