Would you like to have someone work as a highly skilled migrant? And does this person already have a valid residence permit, for example for study, research, or an orientation year? Then apply for a change of the residence purpose. This can be done in the Business Portal using the form ‘Change the purpose of residence permit to highly skilled migrant.’

Use the form ‘Extension of residence permit highly skilled migrant’ only if your employee has already got a residence permit as a highly skilled migrant. You can submit this application from 3 months before the residence permit expires.

Source: https://ind.nl/nl/nieuwsbrief-zakelijk-business-newsletter