The Netherlands consequently boasts a broad spectrum of flourishing educational standards.
Dutch primary and secondary schools are divided into two categories: Public schools and Special schools.
These types of schools are run by the government and have no religious or philosophical affiliation.
The most common types are:
- Montessori: this educational approach revolves around the principle: “help me to do it myself”.
- De Vrijeschool: it is a holistic educational approach that supports the personal development of each student to help them grow.
- Dalton: It also encourages students to teach and learn from each other.
- Jenaplan: students will focus on cooperation, independent learning by doing and shared responsibilities.
- International schools: it will be an English-language education and students can easily switch to schools in other countries. Most common internationally recognised school certifications are IB and IGCSE.
For more information about the differences in schools, you can also click on below link:
Would you like to use our assistance in finding the right school for your child? Please contact us via info@globalRcompass.nl or 0031 6 823 80 801